Breast shape is a contributor to bra fit which is not often considered.
Full breasts are round and equally full everywhere. Those with full breasts struggle "quad-boob", even when they have a bra that properly fits, because bras cause spill-over by cutting into the breast tissue.
- Best bras for full breasts
- A demi-cup bra is low cut to avoid quad-boob effect.
- A balconette bra has a square neckline that falls mid-breast.
- A full-cup bra covers your full breast and will avoid cutting across the fullest part.
- A bra with an elastic top can make the shape appear more streamlined.
- Worst bras for full breasts
- A bra that cuts across the fullest part of your breast will create quad-boob.
- A bra with stiff lace or a tight seam at the top can create quad-boob.
Your breasts are pear-shaped if they're fuller on the bottom half and your nipples are slightly pointing downwards.
- Best bras for pear-shaped breasts
- A molded-cup bra will shape and lift the breast.
- A padded bra can enhance your breast size and reduce the appearance of sagging by making them look fuller.
- A padded T-shirt bra is soft and has full coverage, so that will make your breasts look more firm.
- Worst bras for pear-shaped breasts
- A full-cup bra will not be filled our by your shape at the top, and it will gap.
- A balconette bra may not make your breasts look as perky and attractive as you would like, as they're not super firm.
Pointed breasts have a sloping shape at the top, with pointy nipples, and they need extra help in order to retain a rounded shape.
- Best bras for pointed breasts
- A molded-cup T-shirt bra will reduce nipple show and round out the shape.
- A padded bra can encourage a rounder shape.
- A padded push-up bra pushes breasts up and together.
- Worst bras for pointed breasts
If you've had a breast augmentation, you can wear near any bra style without worrying about a compromised shape.
- Best bras for augmented breasts
- A bandeau is a type of soft, wrap-around strapless bra.
- An adhesive bra is perfect for strapless dresses.
- A strapless bra works for tube tops.
- No bra will work for you, as you don't have to worry about drooping.
- A sports bra is still important for exercise, or the skin surrounded your breasts will lose its tautness.
- Worst bras for augmented breasts
- Molded bras may be incompatible with one's shape.
If your breast tissue is very spread out all over your chest without having a lot of projection you are shallow-shaped. This shape often occurs in smaller cupsizes from A-DD, but has also been observed in a lot larger cupsizes (28H UK, 32G UK, 36GG UK). With this shape, you might not feel the need of wearing a bra. Your options differ on whether you wish to simply avoid nipple chafing or want to appear larger.
- Best bras for shallow breasts
- Shallow shaped breasts need bras that are very open on top
- Many padded and some unpadded halfcups work well for a shallow shape
- A padded bra can enhance your size and look natural.
- A bandeau has simple coverage to avoid nipple chafing.
- A shaped camisole works well to avoid constriction and nipple chafing.
- Worst bras for shallow breasts
- A push-up bra will make your breasts look enhanced unnaturally.
- Plunges often have a very closed rim that will cut in on many women with this shape
- unpadded 3/4 cups with narrow wires and deep cups
Wide-set breasts have natural middle gap with a the space narrower at top than at the bottom.
- Best bras for wide-set breasts
- A balconette bra will lift and round-out your shape.
- A plunge bra will naturally help your breasts fall toward the middle, and they sometimes have padding to better assist with his goal.
- A padded molded-cup bra will fit your breasts into a specific shape.
- A push-up bra will pushes breasts up and together.
- A padded push-up will give your breasts an ideal shape, as well as push them up and together.
- Worst bras for wide-set breasts
- A bra that simply pushes your breasts together might look forced.
If your breasts are close-set, you have issues with gores being too wide and not sitting flat against your sternum.
- Best bras for close-set breasts
- A bra with a very narrow or very low center gore will work well, or you can try to narrow a center gore yourself.
- Worst bras for close-set breasts
- Full-cup bras typically have wider center gores.
- Any bras with a wide center gore, regardless of cut, will not tack.
- ↑ majhost.com: "breast-shapes.gif"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Follow My Curves: "Different Breast Shapes and Their Perfect Bras"
- ↑ Google Docs - Combined Shallow Bra Data Spreadsheet